Mission & Vision
The Ministry is mandated promote the development, empowerment and protection of women, girls and children, as well as the welfare and integration of persons with disabilities, the vulnerable, extremely poor, excluded and disadvantaged. Specifically, the Ministry is mandated to initiate, develop and implement and/or coordinate policies and programs aimed at women, girls, and children, as well as those physically challenged, marginalized, disadvantaged and excluded, to ensure that their rights are protected and that they are integrated, and contribute to, and benefit from, the peace, stability and socio-economic advancement of the country.
"The vision is to bring about a more just, humane, and equitable society where the full potential of all citizens—irrespective of gender, age, ethnic background, physical ability or income; can be fully realized and harnessed for self-improvement and for rapid development"
"The Ministry of Gender, Children, and Social Protection is established to promote inclusive growth, ensure equitable access of all persons to the outcomes of development and good governance with special emphasis on the disadvantaged, victimized, and marginalized population groups (whichnow comprisethe vast majority of the Liberian population--given the current social, cultural, and economic contexts)"
The main objective of the Ministry is to amend the Acts establishing the Ministry of Gender and Development and the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare to create and establish the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection
The Objectives of MOGSCP are to;
• Promote Gender Mainstreaming and gender responsive budgeting(GRB) in MAC, Development Partners and civil society organizations (CSOs) through capacity building
• Improve the socio-economic status of the vulnerable and the excluded through targeted interventions
• Enhance evidence based decision making on gender equality, the empowerment of the vulnerable and excluded by collecting disaggregated data
• Protect and promote the development and the rights of children, the vulnerable and the excluded through awareness creation and effective implementation of National and International Policy frameworks and legislations
• Assess progress on implementation of gender related programmes and projects and evaluate policy outcomes and impacts through effective monitoring and evaluation framework to provide inputs for gender, children and social protection policy review and planning
• Integrate and coordinate the rights of the vulnerable, the excluded and persons with disabilities into national development through social protection programmes