The Department for Administration is responsible for the provision of the required support services for the implementation of the Ministry’s programs and the achievement of results.
The Deputy Minister for Administration, under the direction of the Minister, shall have oversight of the Ministry’s support services to the Office of the Minister, the departments and program activities to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of the mandate and functions of the Ministry.
The duties of the Deputy Minister for Administration shall be as follows:
- Administer the Ministry’s financial management system, including budgeting, petty cash management, financial accounting and reporting, and internal and external audits, ensuring that they are consistent with the Public Financial Management law and regulations;
- Administer the Ministry’s human resource management system, including recruiting, selecting, training, and retention, ensuring that they are consistent with civil service law, policies and regulations;
- Administer the Ministry’s procurement of goods, supplies, works and consulting services, ensuring that they are consistent with the laws and regulations of the Public Procurement and Concessions Commission;
- Manage the Ministry’s general services, such as warehousing and accessing of goods and supplies; transportation and communication; power and water systems; and security and maintenance, ensuring that they are consistent with policies and regulations of the General Services Agency;
- Perform such other duties that are incidental to being the Deputy Minister for Administration of the Ministry; and
- Perform duties the Minister may, from time to time, assign to the Office of Deputy Minister for Administration.
Acting Gender Minister, Mrs. Alice Johnson-Howard has applauded the UN